Sunday, July 20, 2008

Thing 15: Online Games

I lost interest in video games when the joystick controller was retired...I miss the days of Ms. PacMan, Frogger, and Donkey Kong! Atari really was the only game system I had any success with, therefore any interest in. Newer game systems have too many buttons to keep track of, and I don't have enough interest to figure out how to use the controllers. (the only exception to this would be Guitar Hero, now that one's fun! :)) As games went online, I didn't follow them. So, for this "Thing" I chose to see what kind of games I could find online that were more related to my curriculum. The best of what I found so far is NASA Kid's Club, which offers a number of educational games geared towards kids at various levels. My favorite game that I played here was called "Buzz Lightyear in Orbit" which has you complete 5 missions to prepare Buzz Lightyear to go to the International Space Station. The game also offers educational worksheets, teacher & parent activities, etc.

No comments: