Sunday, July 20, 2008

Thing 17: ELM Productivity Tools

Where was this when I was in college & grad school? Electronic Library for Minnesota (ELM) eliminates the need to actually "go to the library" for research! In college, I found Walter Library so big and intimidating, that I actually would go back home to the Burnsville Library where I was comfortable, when I needed to do research...lucky for me I was only about 25 minutes away. :) Now, I have access to all of this from my own living room - wow! The folder tool is cool, no more useless printing of materials you "might use, so better print because you'll never find it later". I will definitely refer my students to these online databases when assigning research projects...seems much more reliable than google searching. Thanks for opening my eyes to what we have available to us in Minnesota!

No comments: